Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mojo V3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreipit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently bought a Mojo V3. In Alchitry Labs after i write the code, build it successfully and press program nothing happens, it just says connecting. Anyone know a fix for this?

This is the 1st time I am hearing about this board.
Perhaps you should also ask in their forum - https://forum.alchitry.com/

Also check if their website has a board bring-up or debug help/tutorial.

Their forum require a verification from an admin after you post a thread, i posted one a week ago and its still not visible

Hello,

Did you use "ISE 14.7" ? For writing configuration file to FPGA Flash memory you can also use "ISE iMpact" application. It has many configuration options which should help in this activity. Are you using JTAG programer (if yes what model)? Also show code you are trying to download to FPGA.

Regards

Yes i use ISE 14.7, i don`t use JTAG and the code i`m trying is the base project from Alchitry Labs

Hello,

if you don't use JTAG programetr, so what method you are going to write configuration file to FPGA? Do you write configuration file directly to Flash memory? And what programer hardware are you using?

Regards

I tried to replicate the steps in this video(which are the steps from the tutorials on their website)
but when i hit program to write the configuration file directly to Flash it doesn`t load and says connecting

I tried to replicate the steps in this video(which are the steps from the tutorials on their website)
but when i hit program to write the configuration file directly to Flash it doesn`t load and says connecting
Hello,

I looked at description of this Mojo FPGA board and it also has an ATmega32U4 microcontroller which is responsible for writing configuration to flash memory. Also software for synthessis is made by this company. So you are in big troubles because you are sentenced for help of people knowing their technology. It is better to buy profucts that can be programmed by JTAG programmer. Sorry but I am not able to help, because I don't know their IDE and products.

Best Regards

andreipit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
From >>**broken link removed**<< for working with ISE, you need a so called "Mojo Loader":
"This is a very basic program that will transfer the .bin file you generate on your own to the Mojo. This is what you should use if you want to use ISE directly to build your projects. This also opens up all the Xilinx supported build methods including VHDL and schematics."

**broken link removed**

Mojo loader was replaced with mojo IDE which was later replaced with Alchitry Labs, you can`t download them anymore

@OP, it seems like you are at the mercy of a very limited number of users. So limited, that the Alchitry forum admin hasn't even approved your account/post. All the best!

Hello @andreipit ,

it's a pity that you didn't choose for example such board (it also has Spartan6 on-board) - Mimas v.2 from "Numato labs":

https://numato.com/product/mimas-v2-spartan-6-fpga-development-board-with-ddr-sdram/

One is able to program it by dedicated application (and USB cable), but it has also JTAG Header (connector). In such case when dedicated applicartion for writing configuration is not working one has ability to program it by standard programer and software.

I wish you luck with solving your problem.

Mojo loader was replaced with ... you can`t download them anymore
I have just downloaded Mojo loader (picture below).
Why am I still talking about it? Because it is said here **broken link removed**
"The Mojo Loader is no longer needed if you are using the Mojo IDE. It is only required if you need to load a .bin file created outside the IDE."

Which is the case here - you generate .bin file in ISE.

1616103034327.png

Status
Not open for further replies.