Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modulation problem help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh690

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am designing a Transmitter using verilog,I want to synthesize the design to FPGA and then get the modulated bits through the MGT(Multi Gigabit Transmitter),my problem is since modulation formats like QPSK have negative constellation points they take more bits than positive constellation points.Any idea how to get around this.

Thanks,
Mahesh

I dont understand you: "negative constellation points imply more bits than possitive constellation"? Why?

I meant negative numbers take more bits to represent than positive bits(in Verilog)

Maybe you can represent the symbols with both possitive amplitude and phase, instead of real and imaginary parts which can be either possitive or negative.

I don't think you can represent what you said in verilog ,as far as i know,maybe you can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.