Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modulated signal with noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabuto15

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I've got current signal (very long) from ac motor. It's look like AM modulation. I want to find his envelope, but some noise are trouble here (FFT is ok). How I can (digital) cut off this noise ? Maybe some filter ?

you need to low-pass filter the signal to remove the high frequency glitches.

Thanks for reply, but this signal is after LP. It's very long signal - about 5s and the carrier is 50Hz (AM). Spectrum is shown below

Hi,
Than you need a really better filter, or a plus notch filter for 150Hz!
K.

Added after 1 minutes:

You can set a pole/zeros better to eliminate the 3.th harmonics...

Hi mathuranathan,
Its true, I checked repeatedly the pic, it has a line at ca. 5Hz_is knowed the origin of that, is it a real signal pls?
If yes_of course, a bandpass is wished, but 50Hz is relative bulky_or need sinthetyc inductances/multiplyd capacitors or even gyrator circuit...
K.

I'm working in LabView so I can use any filter (any order) I want. The problem is when I use a bandpass filter (for example Chebyshev, 7th order, low cut off freg 30Hz, high cut off freq 70Hz) the signal has weird noise still.

It isnt normal AM modulation, so maybe I should find other way to cut noise. Maybe some digital image processing algorithm ? Median filter or something else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back