Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelsim Problem (adding reg's to wave window)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelydonut

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I really don't know what is going on, but I was running version 5.8d which worked fine. Now that im running 6.2g I cannot seem to add any of the regs in the module to the wave window.

heres a example..

reg rst;

initial
begin
rst = 1'b1;
#1000;
rst = 1'b0;
end

I cannot add "rst" to the wave window.. nor does it appear in the objects section.

jelydonut

Hi,

Is there any error or warning message?

One suggestion, u can try using command add wave with "recursive" option. Actually, it's use to add internal signals.

vsim > add wave -recursive signal_name

Just give it a try ;)

Hope it helps
-no_mad

Sadly that made no difference..

I just get No objects found matching "rst".

Screw it, i'll go back to the old version, atleast it worked.

jelydonut

Try
Code:
modelsim> add wave /rst

Thanks gliss, but I tried that as well..

Basically what it comes down to is any reg i instantiated in the top level module I can't add.. If it's a wire or a port being instantiated from inside the top level then i can add it.

I remember using 6.1 a while back, and it worked fine for me then. Maybe this is just a issue i am having with 6.2g

jelydonut

When you run simulate option, then in the box that appears following the action, please disable optimization feature. Worked for me. I tried with Modelsim 6.4d and 6.4a

Regards,
don_kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back