Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ModelSim licence problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madalin1990

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem with my Modelsim license.I have recently(less than a month) intalled a student version of modelsim,more exactly modelsim 10.1 PE student edition.It worked fine for a while,but now when i try to simulate it says it cannot because the license has expired.
I'm surprised because in the mail i received it says that the license is available for 180 days.

Did you ever changed time/date recently (after installing modelsim).

This may trigger license expiry i guess..

Is MODEL SIM a share ware or what I ill have to do once the license expires

PS I am yet to try it out in a licensed version
And also do say whether it is better to use the student version or buy it online for the full version

No ,I do not think that the date has been modified.Other must be the cause.
No,ModelSim is not a shareware.Is just that the owners want students to learn using it,so they offer a free limited version of the program.Obviously,if you buy it ,you will unlock all of this program features.

Modelsim is not shareware and requires either a valid node locked or floating license.

If you want to buy a full version better be prepared to spend $10K (US) for it. Modelsim is not cheap. If you really can spend $$$ for a simulator try Aldec they have some versions that are around $5K (US) last time I looked.

Regards,
-alan

Thanks guys you cleared me out will first test using student version then go for the real one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back