Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

[MODELSIM] How to add signals to wave which is a child of the module being tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auroral

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello:

So I have a separate modules foo (with signals: foo_a, foo_b, foo_c) and have another module foo1 (with signals: foo_x, foo_y, foo_z) which instantiates foo within its module.

Now when I run a test on foo1, on ModelSim, the signals I can see to add are the foo_x, foo_y and foo_z only. How do I get to add foo_a, foo_b and foo_c signals to the wave, so that I could see what's going on inside. I'm guessing this has to be with the paths, need help! Thanks!

TrickyDicky

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
follow the heirarchy in one of the windows and click on the instance of foo. Then in the signals window you should now see all of foo's signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor