Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ModelSim 5.8c vs LDV5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodMan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Who can tell me about Modelsim5.8c & LDV5.1 which best?

after using both i actually perfer modelsim.. one of the biggest reason is the zoom function in the waveform window.. so much easier to use.. im lazy so it works out

jelydonut

for interface, ms is better. but for big size design, vendor support etc, you must choice ldv.
some module(ip) write with protected, i don't think ms can treat it, just ldv.

for module, you could choice ms. at chip level, ldv or vcs is better.

modelsim is somewhat easier to debug your design,
message from LDV sometimes may be too short I think,
but LDV can handle larger design 8)

I would prefer to LDV base on the two reasons.
First, LDV is better for mixed language (verilog and vhdl) simulation.
Second, the simulation rate especially for gate-level simulation of LDV is faster than the Modelsim's.

LDV and Debussy are always what i use in my RTL and netlist simulation and debugy.
LDV can handle larger design than modelsim.
of course modelsim is convenient when you deal with small modules

galant said:
LDV is better for mixed language (verilog and vhdl) simulation.
really? i think ms is good for mixed language.
how about vcs-mx?

ms more sutable for mixed lang design, or vhdl.
ldv/vcs are recommended for verilog-only design, although they have mixed capability.

z81203 said:
for interface, ms is better. but for big size design, vendor support etc, you must choice ldv.
some module(ip) write with protected, i don't think ms can treat it, just ldv.

for module, you could choice ms. at chip level, ldv or vcs is better.
But modelsim can handle this too,but if the vendor dont use modelsim , you cant use modelsim when encypted by ldv whereas you can;t use ldv when encypted by modelsim!!!just so so

i just know ldv is logical design and verification tool suite ,so where to display its design abililty,but ms is just a verification tool ,is it right?

kermit said:
But modelsim can handle this too,but if the vendor dont use modelsim , you cant use modelsim when encypted by ldv whereas you can;t use ldv when encypted by modelsim!!!just so so

sorry, i don't know ms can encrypted module. & i didn't try protected module with ms either. i try it with vcs, it doesn't work.

sxqzj said:
i just know ldv is logical design and verification tool suite ,so where to display its design abililty,but ms is just a verification tool ,is it right?

ldv, ms & vcs are same, just a logical design & verification tool. all of them can do simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back