Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelsim 5.6 lib to xilinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahgu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compxlib modelsim

I installed modelsim 5.6 and it does not recognize the xilinx verilog lib? how do I convert or get the library?

thanks
ahgu

modelsim compxlib

you can go to xilinx web site,download a tcl file,run the file in modelsim,it will auto compile the xilinx library to modelsim,and after this,edit the modelsim.ini in x:/modelsim,add the path of the library(unism,simprim,logicbox,e.c.),and enjoy

how to edit a modelsim.ini

If you use xilinx ise 5.1,use:
In the 5.1i software, use the "COMPXLIB" application to compile the simulation models. The "COMPXLIB" feature was introduced in the 5.1i software and is run from a DOS/UNIX command line.
To obtain the usage information, type "compxlib" at a command prompt:
Release 5.1i - compxlib
Usage: compxlib [-help]
compxlib -s <simulator> -f <family[:lib],<family[:lib],...|all>
[-l <language>]
[-o <output>]
[-w]
[-p <exepath>]
Run "compxlib -help" for details.

Examples for using COMPXLIB with officially supported simulators are provided below. In all examples that do not use the "-p" switch, it is assumed that the environment is already set up for the desired simulator:

ModelSim SE (PC examples)
This example compiles all of the libraries into the specified directory:
compxlib -s mti_se -f all -l all -o c:\modeltech_5.6b\xilinx_libs

If multiple versions of ModelSim are installed, point to the desired executable directory:
compxlib -s mti_se -f all -l all -o c:\modeltech_5.6b\xilinx_libs -p c:\Modeltech_5.6b\win32

modelsim refresh

you can use the command vlog of MODELSIM.
vlog -work yourlib -refresh
you do not need to recompile it. just refresh.
then you can modify modelsim.ini file in the install directory.
the library will be ok always.
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back