Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelling of Wireless channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

er.rakeshjain

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelling a wireless channel

Dear all,
I have simulated WiMAX Transmitter and receiver in Matlab. Now I want to introduce channel effect between tx and Rx. Pls guide me to model the channel in MATLAB.

There are two effects that you should consider in your channel: noise and passband limitation (banwidth).

If you are working on Simulink, you can add a "White Gaussian Noise" generator to your circuit, and a bandpass filter for passband limitation (The passing bandwith of the filter is the working frequency rane of your antenna).

However, if you are using Matlab codes only, you can generate a random noise by a code similar to:
Code:
noise=0.7*randn(size(t));

and then add it to your transmitted signal. Then, apply the following filter on your transmitted signal:
Code:
nsignal = signal + noise; % transmitted signal after adding the noise
flo = 2e9;
fup = 3e9; % assuming here that freq. range of the antenna is 2~3 GHz
fc = (flo + fup)/2;
fs = 4.5e9; % stopband frequency
Wp = [flo fup]/(fs/2); % normalized passband interval 
Ws = [(fc/2) (fc+(fc/2))]/(fs/2); % normalized stopband interval 
Rp = 3; % 3-dB attenuation at passband 
Rs = 30; % 30-dB attenuation at stopband 
[n,Wn] = buttord(Wp,Ws,Rp,Rs); % Butterworth filter 
[b,a] = butter(n,Wn);
channelsignal = filter(b, a, nsignal); % The resulting signal

Regards

dear all
i am doing thesis in k- best algorithm for mimo detection. for this i want matlab simulation environment, where transmit signals, which channel, what noise etc.

How can I add Fading effect and Delay Spread in Channel using Matlab.
How will I estimate channel at the receiver using pilots. I used pilots in my transmitted signal but at the receiver side simply extracting them. How pilots will be used to estimate channel and apply correction to the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back