Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelling converters for hybrid vehicles in simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickys13

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
regenerative braking + simulink

Hello everyone, I would be very grateful if I could have some advice regarding my project.

My task is to connect the HV battery of a plug in series hybrid vehicle to the motor using the appropriate converter. I will need to boost the voltage from approximately 280V to 700V. This connection needs to be bidirectional because the motor is operating as a generator during regenerative braking and needs to charge the battery back. However the generator's output is Ac so I will need an Ac/dc inverter as well.

the last part is to connect another generator driven by the Internal Combustion Engine to charge the battery but also with the ability to drive the motor directly.. This will need another ac/dc inverter.

For the first part I was thinking of an isolated bidirectional dc-dc converter followed by a buck boost. I would like to ask if you know any literature that give a similar solution to this problem, preferably sources that provide all the relevant equations.
Also I would be pleased if I could find some relevant simulations of the above converters in Simulink.

I have attached the vehicle's schematic which shows all the relevant connections. I can also provide the files of the motor and the generators upon request, if you need it to offer any advice.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back