Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelling a 3-port resonator cavity in ADS using s2p files

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakshift

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a 3-port microwave resonator cavity which I have measured using a VNA. I've used ADS before but my knowledge is very limited - I was hoping someone might be able to help!

I have 3 s2p files and I'd like to use them to model the cavity in ADS so that I can a) plot graphs using the data; Smith charts etc. and b) use the model when I come to design a PA.

So how should I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Mike.

Pull on a "Data Items" from ADS palette (for your case 3-port Data Items should be used), duble click this Data Item and define your s-parameter file with right format and connect the ports 1,2,3 respectively with 50 Ohm Zo and do your simulations..
It's quite straight forward..

Thanks for the reply.

I've followed what you said and I've managed to do it for my s2p files. But how would I go about combining the s2p files into an s3p file?

I tried using the 3-port Data Item like you suggested, but it requires (from my understanding...) a s3p file to use. So I need to either combine the s2p files together or somehow combine the 2-port Data Items together to give a 3-port s-parameter simulation.

What would you suggest?

Thanks for the reply.

I've followed what you said and I've managed to do it for my s2p files. But how would I go about combining the s2p files into an s3p file?

I tried using the 3-port Data Item like you suggested, but it requires (from my understanding...) a s3p file to use. So I need to either combine the s2p files together or somehow combine the 2-port Data Items together to give a 3-port s-parameter simulation.

What would you suggest?

if you terminate the port which you're not interrested in with 50 Ohm (not with PORT element, simply 50 Ohm resistor), then if you do a s-parameter simulation, the result will have two port s-parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back