Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modeling of SiC BJT static characteristics in Pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

viren

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I have attached a SiC BJT Device output characteristics IC vs Vce curve. I have the problem that some of these curves do not start from origin . They have a negative Ic current at Vce=0 V for different step Ib currents which range from 200ma to 2.2A . Could you tell me what is the reason for this ? .

viren said:
hi,
I have attached a SiC BJT Device output characteristics IC vs Vce curve. I have the problem that some of these curves do not start from origin . They have a negative Ic current at Vce=0 V for different step Ib currents which range from 200ma to 2.2A . Could you tell me what is the reason for this ? .

It is a normal characteristic of well optimizied BJT device. The meaning of well optimized is the emitter-base junction has larger Vbi (internal potential e.g. 0.7 in normal P/N junction) than the base-collector junction.

Since explaining all stuff here is too long , pls use the hint above to think about why there is a negative current.

Hope this help.
Scottie

Status
Not open for further replies.