Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modeling of Output Impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_sky

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am doing analog modeling by using AMS(Analog-Mixed Signal) language. I would like to model my circuit's output impedance by using a current source at the output port.

However i would like to know what is the difference between modeling it by using current source method vs voltage source method? Any benefits over each and other?

Can anyone explain about how current source can be used to model an output impedance? or explain about how current source work by providing relevant equations for every node.

Thank you very much for your guidance!!

The output impedance is [the definition] the impedance seen from the output when the excitation at the input is equal to 0.

Why do you want it to be a current source and not passive elements?

Of course, the current source can be used instead of resistance, when the same voltage is between nodes...

Status
Not open for further replies.