Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modeling a HMC220 Hittite Mixer in Agilent ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reschak

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

Fairly straightforward, I want to recreate the graphs on the HMC220 Hittite Mixer datasheet in ADS using a component model and information from the datasheet, not using the s parameter data files. Specifically the Return loss graph at LO=+10dBm (shown below) This is ultimately for further use in an Rx chain.

datasheet link: https://www.hittite.com/content/documents/data_sheet/hmc220ms8.pdf

Attached is the graph I'd like to get out of the model (page 5 of datasheet), and the current test set up in ADS.

I tried using the Spurious outputs table (datasheet page 6) into an intermodulation file and the MixerIMT2 model from the component palette. Didn't really understand how that would work, I was following someone’s advice. Long story short it didn't work.

Anyone with any experience with ADS and mixers please advise.

Many thanks!

Attempt to model in ADS.JPGGraph from datasheet.JPG

I would expect that you primarly see the return loss you have set with the Sxx values of the mixer model. They are neither related to intermodulation numbers nor the empirical return loss shown in the datsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back