Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modeling a device in SPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerial

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am trying to model the IMOS transistor in SPICE, but I don't know where to start. I simulated the device in MEDICI and I have all the Current-Voltage characteristics, and the capacitances. The problem is that the Id-Vg and Id-Vds curves do not fit to MOSFET's equations. So I cannot modify a MOSFET model. I need to add equations to create the model. Could someone please help me on how to add equations to a model?
I use HSPICE, and if it does not offer such an option, is there any other tool?

Thanks.

With HSPICE, implementation of new analog device types can be done as proprietary model through the C++ programming interface, requiring profound knowledge of the SPICE analysator operation however. The same option exists with original Berkley SPICE. This method should be preferred, if a larger number of devices and/or long runs are intended in the analysis.

Another option is to design macromodels from analog behavioural blocks, implementing the device equations as far as needed for the present simulation task.

Thank you for the response. As I searched more, I found out that HSPICE can handle the lookup tables. Does the behavioral block include the lookup table option?

Status
Not open for further replies.