Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model translation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryajur

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am unable to import SPICE models in ADS. Whenever I try it no file is created. The ADS version is 2005.
Does anybody have any idea how to do it?

what is the spice model ? , and what is the version of spice

send the model , to check it

khouly

I tried translating this netlist:

*SIMPLE RTL INVERTER
VCC 4 0 5
VIN 1 0 PULSE 0 50 2NS 2NS 2NS 30NS
RB 1 2 10K
Q1 3 2 0 MODQ1
RC 3 4 1K
.MODEL MODQ1 NPN BF=20 RB=100 TF=.1NS CJC=2PF
.DC VIN 0 5 0.1
.TRAN 1NS 100NS
.END

It simply doesn't generate any file. Does open a translation log text file but its blank. It also opens up the netlist include symbol window. But thats it it does not generate the netlist file in the directory I specify.

I dont think you should have any problem at all importing a spice file in ADS. Just make sure your spice file is inside your project directory and that u have have checked the correct type of spice file in the import options. Ohter than that if u still have problems, u can do it manually for such a simple circuit.

I just tried myself to Import your circuit and works fine, here are the steps to see for yourself if u dont any mistake

1. Save your file as myname.sp (the extension of imported file should be sp)
2. Put your spice file at your project directory (if u dont it wont import anything)
3. Open a schematic window and go to FILE-->IMPORT, a new window with import options will open
4. On field "file type" u should have netlist, Press Browse go to your project directory and find your myname.sp file
5. Press "More Options" and make sure that u have, "Netlist Dialect" PSPICE, clicked First line is a comment, "Translated Output Format" ADS schematic. PRESS OK and OK again.

YOur file will be imported just fine !!

my ADS version is 2005A but i have done similar things is ealrier versions so u will be fine

aryajur

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks,
What I was doing wrong was I was not putting the SPICE file in the ADS project directory.

Added after 35 minutes:

Another problem I am now getting is that one of my HSPICE netlist had the aunif HSPICE statement. So ADS after translation is giving this error when I include that netlist:

Error detected by hpeesofsim during netlist parsing.
Syntax error.
tox_lot1=aunif(46.5e-09,'4.5e-09*maxlot')
^
The cap actually points to the starting inverted comma before 4.5e-09*maxlot

Does anybody have any idea how to get rid of this or write this in the way ADS will recognize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back