Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

model RC relay - help needed in designin on off switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluricaun

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rc relay,

Hi

I need help to design an on/off switch thats controlled by a model radio. I can use the signal sent to the servo and the on time and current is not critical, just a low effect on off switch is needed. Can anyone help me how to encode the servo signal to give a output pulse of approx 250-500ms?

Best regards

You already post this 3 times, I deleted 2 of them.

hc

rc relay

I don´t understan very well what you want, it's a pulse for each time you send the command or a toggle? Never the less both of them can be made using a simple µC (PIC12C508 or Atmel Tiny). All the RC receiver deliver the same signal, a 1 (0º) to 2(180º) mS high every 20 mS. If you use the neutral position 1,5mS (90º) as a reference you can switch ON/OFF just sending a 1mS for OFF or 2mS for ON.
Try serching the web and you'll find some projects for speed control with a 12C508, with source code(sorry, but i don´t have the link). It can be a starting point. I hope this post helps you. Best regards.

i do not understant what you want too.but if you want a pluse on/off of 200-500ms,you can use a sigle monostabillity circuit.such as a ne555,or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.