Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile control security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenoi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic sms

Hai, could anybody help me on how to built a device (pic) connected to handphone and pc where i can control input just by sending sms. i already search through internet and iam trying to built one. could anybody help me. i want to use PIC16F84A as the controller as iam doing alot of thing with this MCU and control by nokia 3310. may be somebody could provide me the step and all the hex file that i need to built one. i interested on this project but have lack of experience!
please give me a guide!

sms pic

Hi chenoi

First, you must search by "pdu" or "sms" in this forum.

To start, nokia have a propietary protocolos, known by MBUS/FBUS. To comunicate your PIC to cell phone you have to use this protocol.

But, you can use another way. Using AT command, this ist work for each cell phone that support AT command.

This AT command are characters in 8 bits, which you can send from PIC to cell phone in serial mode. The phone receive this string sequence and run the instrucction to send the SMS to desired destination.

Cell phone send SMS in PDU and Text mode. no all cell phone suport text mode.

to test the operation sms mode:

at+cmgf? enter

0 => pdu mode
1 => text mode

To create a sms in pdu mode, you can use the "pduspy" software, which creates the pdu frame with "data information". This pdu is a string of ASCII character, and take it, insert it in the PIC , and send it to the phone, after send AT command

example: send mesagge in text mode using

AT+CMGf= 1 ==> set phone to text mode sms
AT+cmgs="+4594567890" , enter key ==> cell phone number destination of message
>Text to send + ctrl+z => to finish the text to send.

the phone answers with following:

+cmgs: 0 => 0 is the message reference , how much sms has been send by cell phone, it should be other numbers

Now, you must investigate the text or pdu mode of sms, and how create the code for PIC

sorry to all for my bad english

bye

sms controller circuit diagram

thanks terka, but i need the device schematic (pic16f84) and the hex file where i can try to built one. what i have is a system with atiny and avr controller as iam not familliar with this. i hope i could have device that use pic 16f84 for this project.

pic sms controller

:::::::::You find this subject from ::::::::::

**broken link removed**

this program was written in PICBASIC language.

pic sms control

OK

you have to search in google for:

"nokia pin out" or "nokia cable schematic"

This for see the circuit to make, the input voltage for nokia phones is 2,7 volt. The pic send 5 volt for a logic 1. You can use a resistor in serie with a zener diode, and conect de input pin of nokia to cathode of zener diode to obtanin 2,7 volts. Idem for RX system.

view the attached circuit.

The 16F84´s software must have a rs232 protocol implemented in software.

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial7.htm

Bye

sms controller project

Some help for you here: **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

pic sms project

I think this TOPIC may helpful

pic+sms

I think this TOPIC may helpful
h**p://

picsms

Thanks guyz..i think i have what i need here. :)

pic fbus

HI

Here a good pdf file to learn to use AT command for r520m.

Enjoy

nokia fbus pic

You can find some code samples at www.usbdeveloper.com.

They are using a Microchip to send SMS via an external mobile phone.
So, I think you can work further from there.

:)

nokia 3310 sms controller

Hi,

Im sorry to say but there is no why easy or a hex file to solve your problems. you will need to write some code on the PIC. you best way is this:
Buy a Data cable for you mobile phone, its much more easy then to build one. Be sure that the data cable can work with AT command, FBUS and MBUS are very hard to use and debug protocoles.
Then on the PIC write the code to receive and trasmit with your UART.
When the pic will load it sould program the phone to use TEXT mode and not PDU.
Then use the attached files that i send to read and delte the received SMS.
The easy way to turn things on and off is buy sending simple Text sms to the phone. for example, send 31 to turn output 3 on, and 30 to turn output 3 off.

The attached files will help you to understand the AT command structure, And the Original Nokia file will show you how to read the SMS.
Good luck.

sms con pic

In Siliconchip magazine there is a project for sms control using AVR micro, but you need to pay for the article

sms pic controller

hi it seem i also have similar problem on how access the phone and sending an SMS message i have problem in access the nokia phone and sending an AT command via an FBUS/MBUS

refer to my post sending an AT command to phone

sms controller schematic

jojokatada said:
hi it seem i also have similar problem on how access the phone and sending an SMS message i have problem in access the nokia phone and sending an AT command via an FBUS/MBUS

refer to my post sending an AT command to phone
FBUS and MBUS cannot and will not understand AT Commands using an FBUS/MBUS cable alone.

pcb sms controller

hi gidimiz

i download the file you upload nokia 6210 using hyperterminal i try to use it but in my pc i can't find the nokia 6210 data cable at the connect using dropout in my pc i only see COM1 COM2 and TCP/IP.
my question is the cable you mention in your post that when buying the cable it come with the driver?

appreciate for reply

control sms pic16f

Hi, Guys,
I am interested in this project.
I have a mobil phone, ACER G-530.
But, I cannot find its pinout.
Does anyone have answer?
APPRECIATED.

fbus pic

david753 said:
Hi, Guys,
I am interested in this project.
I have a mobil phone, ACER G-530.
But, I cannot find its pinout.
Does anyone have answer?
APPRECIATED.

FROM https://www.zfone.com/mobiles.php/phoneid/10245

I found that you G530 does not have a MODEM built in, perhaps it does not have a AT command set implemented.....sorry, you must buy a new cell phone

Bye

sms control circuits

Check this site for SMS remote Control Function using Ericsson phone
**broken link removed**

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back