Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile charger circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will charge...... but will spoil your batteries soon.... i am a victim of that.. later had to design my own good charger with modifications in the circuit...

ok. thanks for warning me.
so, have you completed your circuit?

The extremely old Indian circuit was designed to charge a 7.2V antique Ni-Cad battery, not to power the 5V charger circuit in a modern phone that uses a 3.7V (4.2V when fully charged)Lithium battery.

Hey! audioguru that's not fair. atleast he is helping. send me some good schematic please to charge my nokia mobile. please send me a good schematic.
Thanks

I am guessing that you have a newer phone than the old one in India. But maybe yours is even older.
If you have a new phone then the very old Indian circuit will blow it up.

Last edited:
:)
I have Nokia 1100. But a standard charge come alonge with nokia mobile is able to charge every mobile that belongs to Nokia. i did it experiented. some get charge slow and some go very fast. the links i posted in my first post will the mobile But as ckshivaram said that these charges will spoil the batteries of mobile Because there charging current is so high then there required rate. what do you say audioguru?

Your Nokia 1100 battery is 3.7V Li-Ion. The very old Indian charger circuit is made to charge an old 7.2V Ni-Cad or Ni-MH battery which is completely different. The charging circuit in the phone and/or the battery in the phone might catch on fire.

Hi,

This might help..:)

liich-si.gif

BR

Hello all. which transistor is this T1? i did not find its datasheet on google.

Just going to the starting point, please note that when you say mobile chargers, there are two types of designs on the net. One those which are supposed to connect to the Li-on batteries of the mobile by taking it out, and charging in standalone mode. These chargers deliver 3.6 or 3.7 volts at the output Second are those which deliver 5 volts with a controlled or limited current which can be connected to the mobile directly and the battery may be charged without taking it out. Thus you may also prefer to mention which type of mobile charger you prefer or would like to try.

Thanks for your replies.
i want to try Both. i have the above one that would give 3.7v at its output. can someone give the schematic charger that deliver 5v.
In above circuit i am still confuse about BCP68-25. is it the transistor number. can someone give me the replacement of this transistor?
Thanks

In above circuit i am still confuse about BCP68-25. is it the transistor number. can someone give me the replacement of this transistor?
In my post #16 I told you that it is made by many Western semiconductor manufacturers and is available everywhere over here.
I have no idea what transistors you have in your country.

is it name is BCP68 or full BCP68-25? Because there is transistor with name BCP68. is that the same one?

Status
Not open for further replies.