Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile base antenna radiation patterns and effect on human

Status
Not open for further replies.

empisth

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do i simulate the radiation patterns of the mobile base station and whcih simulation tool is the favourite.

what are the real effects of radiation from the mobile base station antennas on human coexistnce near this stations locations.

Re: mobile base antenna radiation patterns and effect on hu

Can you stop calling this "radiation" its electromagnetic field we are talking about has NOTHING to do with radiation or radioactivity.

The only effect it really has on people is "fear for the unknown".

If there is an effect, and we simply do not know (long term effects) than calling with your mobile is much more dangerous than the base station masts. The main reason is that field strength has all to do with distance and 1 cm or 10 meters make an ver very big difference.

Its the same with the SUN, is the SUN dangerous ? its also electromagnetic field that comes from the sun !. about 1000w/m2 that is millions of times more than a mobile phone. Is the sun dangerous, yes and no. if you are 1 meter away from the sun your dead but here on the earth ist OK.

Paul.

I think I have seen FEKO (http://www.feko.info/bioelectromagnetics.html) being used recently. I think maybe using MoM hybrid (not sure) and human body using FEM.

Element7k

empisth said:
How do i simulate the radiation patterns of the mobile base station and whcih simulation tool is the favourite.

quote]

The term "radiation" is usefull. Just put a "Danger: Electromagnetic Radiation" on you ham radio antenna and that will keep people from messing with it.

I prefer:

DANGER!
2 MILLION OHMS!

I do not think you need a fancy analysis program, you just know the antenna radiation pattern and the transmit power and can calculate what a person, on a roof top for example, would encounter.

I did the calculation once for a antenna with 10 dB of gain horizontally and a 2 Ghz transmitter of 400 watts, and concluded that as long as the antenna was at least 15 feet tall, no one anywhere on the roof top would exceed emissions limits.

Hi empisth, the paper with the link above does the exact thing you wanted to do, by using FEKO, as Element7K mentioned. The idea/method of the paper is cited below from its abstract:

Abstract—A hybrid finite-element method (FEM)/method of
moments (MoM) technique is employed for specific absorption
rate (SAR) calculations in a human phantom in the near field
of a typical group special mobile (GSM) base-station antenna.
The MoM is used to model the metallic surfaces and wires of
the base-station antenna, and the FEM is used to model the
heterogeneous human phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back