Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Mo]: How to make a design based on Nangate 15nm OCL in cadence virtuoso environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

william_luo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I want to design a circuit under 15nm process technology, so I downloaded 15nm Nangate Open Cell Library (nangate.com) and corresponding PTM cards (ptm.asu.edu). But the 15nm Nangate OCL (2014_06.A) don't have virtuoso schematic cell (45nm or other Nangate OCL has the part).
Could anybody tell me how can I use the 15nm OCL file and model cards to make a design in virtuoso environment as I did in other process technology?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Wayne

Re: How to make a design based on Nangate 15nm OCL in cadence virtuoso environment?

I want to design a circuit under 15nm process technology, so I downloaded 15nm Nangate Open Cell Library (nangate.com) and corresponding PTM cards (ptm.asu.edu). But the 15nm Nangate OCL (2014_06.A) don't have virtuoso schematic cell (45nm or other Nangate OCL has the part).
Could anybody tell me how can I use the 15nm OCL file and model cards to make a design in virtuoso environment as I did in other process technology?

You could try and import the necessary schematics and symbols from the 45nm Nangate OCL lib and adapt them to the necessary parameters/pointers. Can't tell you exactly what you have to edit, but in former Cādence versions this worked via editing the cell's CDF: Tools/CDF/Edit -> Edit Component CDF .

Thanks for your reply,
I actually copied the symbols of nmos4 and pmos4 from analogLib to a new library and edit the parameters of them by CDF. Then the spice netlists in 15nm OCL can be imported into cadence virtuoso environment based the new nmos4 and pmos4. I can use this new library to design and simulate.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back