Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MMIC Inductor Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has any one a tool to synthesize planar mutally coupled inductor?
I need this configuration to design a 7-13 GHz balun on GaAs.
I could analyze the inductors with MWO EM-Simulator, but I would like to avoid a trial and error synthesys without having a good starting point for dimensions, space, number of turns and width of the microstrips.
Thanks.

For the components on the silicon ( or on any substrate ) spiral or any kind of inductor or wounding shapes , you may use SONNET or Ansoft
Maxwell or ASITIC software which runs on UNIX or Windows ( with cygwin
emulator ).
Good luck..
Ps. I fyou need special papers on these components , write an e-mail to me :wink:

You could design the spiral inductor in a simulation software(serenede,ads), then go to the electromagnetic solvers, or just put in the E.M. solver the structure and directly optimize it(IE3D from Zeland which is quite referenced on elektoda).

Thanks everybody for the advices.
What I'm searching for is a software with a built in model of planar coupled inductors (e.g. ASITIC), in this way I first get a rough idea of the initial dimensions performing an optimization with the model, then, I go through fully EM optimization.
By the way, is ASITIC fully working with the cygwin emualtor?

Status
Not open for further replies.