Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mixer design using Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manjularamkumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am very new to the cadence spectre.

I am tried to design gilbert mixer using gpdk180.

I dont know whether it is correct?

In the IF port, what is the purpose of using the source type DC. Please tell me the properties of DC souce type at the input (RF) and Output port (IF) I designed already mixer using ADS.But the cadence is different.

In this mixer design, I didnt get positive conversion gain (nearly -60dB). I changed many parameters .

Please see the attachment and help me.

-First. you made short circuit the IF output by connecting the PORT directly without decoupling capacitors.PORT element has 50 Ohm internal resistance and this makes DC voltage short circuited at the IF output.Connect a proper capacitor to decouple RF and DC..
-PORT element has already 50 Ohm internal resistance but you connected 50 Ohm in parallel that will make the PORTs resistance to 25 Ohm for nothing.It doesn't make sense, diconnect 50 Ohm parallel resistances at both RF and LO ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.