Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixer Design in Cadence , help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zA123

I have to design a mixer , for a project , and I am not quite sure how do I setup the simulations for the harmonic balance and the 1 dB compression point .
For the harmonic balance I tried to find some examples and do anything close and the simulation take 20 minutes ( and hasn't been progressing much , i don't know if i did a mistake , or if I am down converting my signal to baseband should've I done 2 tones or one was enough ( even with 2 oscillators one the inverse of the other ) )

Also in the 1 dB compression point , i am not sure if my input port is Rfin ( at the gate of M0 ) or my LOs are the inputs , or to which source I should sweep my prf .
Tried both :
-When the input is RFin I have a bad dB compression point since my fundamental is horizontal and intersects the 1dB curve at the same point no matter what I change in the circuit

-When the input is one of the LO ports the curves are parallel and don't intersect so I cannot get a 1 dB compression point

q.PNG
q3.PNG
q3.PNG

Attachments

• q2.PNG
    q2.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 108

Status
Not open for further replies.