Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mixer design bias problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfndmw

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..I have designed a source fed FET mixer...I am aware of the biasing region for this type of mixers...when I tested the designed mixer however, I found tht it gave lowest conversion loss at drain voltage almost 0 i.e. at 0.1 V. but I had designed the mixer for an operating point of drain voltage at about 2 V. the reuslts are really bad and I believe its because the transistor is nt being biased properly..am I right or could smethng else be the reason for the drain voltage shift I see. could sme1 plz tell me how to calculate the correct values of the shunt gate resistor I use to supply to gate voltage(and fr stabilizing) and the drain resistor via which I apply the drain voltage for this kind of mixer...any help would be appreciated...thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.