Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixed verilog and vhdl code

Status
Not open for further replies.

altair_06

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can there be mixed verilog and vhdl code? and if possible would the compiler support it. If there is a possiblity can anyone give me a sample code.

I dont think you can do both in the same design. but there are simulators(most of them) which support both types

I have written some modules in VHDL and their testbenches were written in Verilog..and my simulator (ModelSim) supports it well.

I think that you CAN have different modules written in Verilog and VHDL in the same design(kept in separate files)..they simply interact through their ports...

However, ofcourse you can't mix VHDL and Verilog in the same module...like maybe C and inline Assembly.....

modelsim support mix language well , nc is a bit worse!!

altair_06 said:
Hi,

Can there be mixed verilog and vhdl code? and if possible would the compiler support it. If there is a possiblity can anyone give me a sample code.

Yes it works as long as they are in separate files and model different modules (of same design). I can't imagine why would you need within SAME module 2 languages, anyway that's not what you are asking for anyway.

I've used it with MTI, VCSMX and NC - all work fine, MTI was a smooth flow compared to the rest, but recently NC & VCSMX have caught up as well. Especially for SystemVerilog & VHDL VCSMX and MTI do a good job, not sure what NC does there.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
Contemporary Verification Consultants Pvt Ltd. h**p://www.noveldv.com
* A Pragmatic Approach to VMM Adoption 2006 ISBN 0-9705394-9-5 h**p://www.systemverilog.us/
* SystemVerilog Assertions Handbook
* Using PSL/Sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back