Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixed-Signal simulation using SpectreVerilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjackson_hxw

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectreverilog tutorial

I'm a beginner of spectreVerilog. Could you answer me a question, please?
In cadence, I want to simulate a digital circuit (digital filter) using spectreVerilog.
The verilog description contains many modules( I use Modelsim to write it).
But in cadence multi-module in a "functional" view is forbidden. How could I solve it?

A spectreVerilog tutorial is available, and I can email it to you if you need!

how to use spectreverilog

Usually I split the code and make a symbol for each sub-block and create a schematic view to connect all the blocks.

thus you can use that tool. This is just a workaround.

schematic to spectreverilog

You can use the verilogin command in Cadence and then you can build the functional view.

Yibin.

piao said:
Usually I split the code and make a symbol for each sub-block and create a schematic view to connect all the blocks.

I agree with piao, as this is more organized to have each module in a file and represented by a block. It is a very powerful tool, as it is so easy to troubleshoot any error occurs. Try it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.