Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mitsubishi driver for motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Drive.jpgphoto_2017-07-24_15-10-51.jpgphoto_2017-07-24_15-43-27.jpg

Please refer the images.

Please note down the RED mark in drive image for reference.And another image contan drives specs.
In my factory an grinding machine in which they used this drive to drive the motor.The mainboard was burnt down so i tried to start the motor manually.

From the machine I observed,
1.It operating in single phase power supply(Given to R and S) and three phase output(U,V,W) is given to the motor.
2.STF and SD are given to the control board.
3. 10 and 2 shorten down using an small wire.By this they controlling the speed of the motor.

My doubts are,
1.Is STF and SD are acting as switch to switch ON/OFF the motor..?By connecting an simple switch across the STF and SD to control the motor.If we connected the switch means we can switch ON the motor manually..?
2.In datasheet they adviced to use an 1/2W,1K POT to control the speed of the motor.But here they shorted 10 and 2.Byt this way how they controlling the speed of the motor..?

STF and SD can be connected with the switch.
About speed control. Did the original scheme control velocity? If there is no more connections, so it looks like the motor rotates at its maximum speed always.
Anyway, to test the motor it's better to use a trimpot to control velocity.

3. 10 and 2 shorten down using an small wire.By this they controlling the speed of the motor.?

10 and 5 are connected with a pot- the wiper goes to 2. The pot is 1K but the three wires must be twisted and preferably be short.

STR and STF are for forward and reverse control. You connect using a single pole double throw switch (SPDT). I do not see where the 10 and 2 are shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.