Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mistake in the diagram - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie111

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mistake in the diagram

hi pal,

the 2 ( 7 segment displays) are common cathode type

so there are something wrong with the schematic.

T1 and T2 collectors and emitters are wrongly reversed

and should r3 and r4 be pull UP resistor ?

vcc --pull up resistor---- transistor emitter ----switch------ground

(transistor collector goes to the cathode of the 7 segment)

when the transistor is on and the button is pressed (brings it to the ground) to activate the 7 segment display

I am learning electronics as my hobby.

excuse me

Folks, please kindly tell me whether my analysis is right or not.

Thank you so much!

mistake in the diagram

The given circuit is perfect. The displays are common anode type, switched through the NPN transistors with thier collectors connected to Vcc. PIN 2 and 4 are pulled to Vcc through 10K resistors and when the push button is pressed, the same get pulled LOW to increment or decrement the values. The symbol you are assuming as ground is actually a Vcc symbol. Only minor mistake i noted is that R1 and R2 may be 330E upto 1K instead 330K ..... Cheers

newbie111

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: mistake in the diagram

Thanks for your great answer.

The guy said the 7 segment displays are common cathode type tho

here is what he said:

This is a screen shot of the final assembly (yes, i soldered 2 flags )

To build this board you need 2 330Ω, 7 220Ω and 2 10KΩ resistors, 2 NPN transistors, a PIC16F690, two 7 segment display (i used in my build a common cathode, if you use a common anode you have to change the schematics and code a little) and 2 push buttons.

Here is the link
http://www.protung.ro/2009/09/simple-score-board-with-pic16f690-7-segment-display/#comments

If the 7 segment displays are common cathode type
then how should we fix his schematic?

Thanks

Added after 14 minutes:

Only minor mistake i noted is that R1 and R2 may be 330E upto 1K instead 330K<---

Sorry

why 330E to IK?

How did you get this figure?

Thanks

newbie111 said:
If the 7 segment displays are common cathode type
then how should we fix his schematic?
You cannot use any other type of display than mentioned as the firmware in the pic is serving all the cathodes of the same. To change the display, the code should be complimented to drive anodes or all the output pins of the PIC micro needs to be inverted by an inverter like CD4069.

newbie111 said:
why 330E to IK? How did you get this figure?
I have not calculated it. I have just guessed it with my practical experience. BTW the author has mentioned the use of 2 x 330E. Thaz it. You may ask the author for a better answer about how he designed it. Cheers

newbie111

Thank you for everything, pal.

Great help!

newbie111 said:
hi pal,

the 2 ( 7 segment displays) are common cathode type

so there are something wrong with the schematic.

T1 and T2 collectors and emitters are wrongly reversed

and should r3 and r4 be pull UP resistor ?

vcc --pull up resistor---- transistor emitter ----switch------ground

(transistor collector goes to the cathode of the 7 segment)

when the transistor is on and the button is pressed (brings it to the ground) to activate the 7 segment display

I am learning electronics as my hobby.

excuse me

Folks, please kindly tell me whether my analysis is right or not.

Thank you so much!

Hey did you do something in electronic or you just COPY the ideas and design from someone else??

Hugo,

I guess you mean electronicS. I do love it and study people's designs as a learning process. Is it wrong to do so?

You did not need to ask me such a you know what question and capitalize the word
"COPY". ** I am incapable of changing people's designs as my own since I am a rookie.***

It was so rude to say that to someone who is willing to learn this subject.

Once again, I am saying thank you to anyone who has ever answered my questions in this forum.

Regards,

Newbie111

Ignore the offensive comments of hugo00. It is fine to use freely published material to build and learn. Without it there would be very few people around here with much to say!

Keith.

newbie111

@newbie111
Dont be bothered with negative energy around. You are doing a great job! It is always a good practice to first understand proven designs in order to learn the concept practically and then play with design parameters in order to make something new.. Nothing wrong with that buddy...
There are lot of people on edaboard who will support you in your learning process..
All the very best!
-Hemanshu

Hugo,

I guess you mean electronicS. I do love it and study people's designs as a learning process. Is it wrong to do so?

You did not need to ask me such a you know what question and capitalize the word
"COPY". ** I am incapable of changing people's designs as my own since I am a rookie.***

It was so rude to say that to someone who is willing to learn this subject.

Once again, I am saying thank you to anyone who has ever answered my questions in this forum.

Regards,

Newbie111

Hello,

Sorry about my negative comment, please take my APOLOGISE for it.

Regards,
Hugo

Status
Not open for further replies.