Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Misalignment NC Drill and artwork files in Cadstar express

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederiek.vansteenkiste

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I use Cadstar 12 express (historically reasons) for designing our PCBs.

When viewing the processed gerbers with GCprevue i have following problem:

There is a misalingment between the NC Drill and artwork files.

What can i do for outputting correct NC Drill (excellon) files so that my PCB manufacturer gets the correct files?

I have included some files for viewing (use GCPrevue or other Gerberviewer).

Thanks

Frederiek

Re: Misalignment NC Drill and artwork files in Cadstar expre

While it does not matter if your drill data is not aligned with your artwork, as your manufacturer will align them all in one simple step it does make checking your own data easier.

There is a slight problem with the default user files for creating Gerbers & drill data in that the bed sizes are different but it is easily corrected.

Open c:\program files\zuken\cadstar express\user\ (or whatever your correct path is) rs274-x.usr & also your excellon2.usr files in notepad.

(I take it that you do use these files when making Gerbers, I would not recommend using any others).

Change the bed sizes so that they are the same.
XHIGH & YHIGH

What is happening is there is a mismatch in bed sizes.

Added after 17 minutes:

Oh, and in GC_Prevue you need to set it to:
Whole Digits = 2
Precision = 4
Absolute, Trailing suppress, Inch, abs, quadrant.

When it prompts to save the plotter definition changes, say yes - save it as Excellon2.pdf and use that in future, select it from the "Format" field when setting up the load drill data information.

I have attached one here for you, but it is better for you if you follow what I have said & create your own file, that way you know how to do it for in the future.

For information, CAM350 shows you this information when it imports the drill data so you know what format it all is.

Re: Misalignment NC Drill and artwork files in Cadstar expre

I have altered the bed sizes XHIGH and YHIGH and reproduced the files.
After reviewing the gerbers i have found perfect gerbers.

many thanks.

I can't implement your remark for GCprevue because i have the viewer only.
And he doesn't asks to save settings. We don't need more for a viewer: just checking if files we send are correct (size, holes, ...).

OK about the file, I did it using GC-Place - thought it was just the same.
Never mind.

Your sorted now then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back