Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mirostrip patch antenna applicable for WiFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsi15

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI every one.......i just wanted to know that weather a 2.4 GHz operating microstrip patch antenna with a bandwidth of 15-20 MHz be applicable for wireless internet base station or not...........please i need some serious advice
thanks

When you say WIFI I assume is 802.11, just to clarify. The band
for 802.11 is about 83 MHz, however per channel is about 23 MHz.
Unless you asume the antenna will work in only one fixed channel y not
the rest 10 of them, then is OK. Otherwise is not suitable.

First of all is hard to believe that a real world microstrip antenna (on whatever substrate) can reach 0.6 % bandwidth.

To vfone,

You are absolutely right for this particular case. 0.6% bandwidth corresponds to about 167 loaded Q. Making microstrip based elements with such loaded Q on good substrate is possible and not so hard task, but for real transceiver with embedded antenna it may be a problem.

ok lets just say that i have also constructed this antenna with this much bandwidth and it is resonating well then what other problems will arise for it in its working.....and i didn;t get your points about the channels bandwidth ....can you explain i to me a bit.....jallem

take a look here:

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

My teacher asked me to design a rectangular or square patch at 1.8G
I got only -6dB of return loss for the designed frequency with -20 t0 -30dB crazy peaks for some frequencies higher than 5Ghz using HFSS. The sweep was from 1 to 10G.
I am stuck and do not know how to improve my design.
Any help out there?

kizm12 said:
My teacher asked me to design a rectangular or square patch at 1.8G
I got only -6dB of return loss for the designed frequency with -20 t0 -30dB crazy peaks for some frequencies higher than 5Ghz using HFSS. The sweep was from 1 to 10G.
I am stuck and do not know how to improve my design.
Any help out there?
That may means your antenna is still small...increase the size
and look if the biggest peak lowered in frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back