Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimum Windows XP embedded compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

moises_l

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to install a Windows XP embedded in a Beckhoff CX1000 (industrial embedded PC, Pentium II 266Mhz) with a 128 MB flash card. The main problem is that i want to install the least components as posible. We want to use rs232,usb, parallel port, dvi, io modules. We are going to use an visual basic application that manages sockets tcp/ip.

128MB for Windows XP... I doubt about that.

Hi, It is windows XP embedded instead of desktop windows XP. Anyway 128 MB is a flash card, not system memory.

Think the first thing is that you need bootloader and BSP for windows XP embedded.

I am lost Hill...could you give a better explanation about BSP and Bootloader? Thanks

BSP: Board Support Package. It is supported by hardware vendor. You must ask BeckHoff for this package, it do everything for you, just drag n drop into your project and build the Image.

Bootloader: It is the first component initilize system. Checking and loading OS Image that you built before.

I don't use XP Embedded, this is my information when I use with Windows CE.NET Platform Builder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back