Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimum System for AVR microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuragmash

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am completely new in the field of microcontrollers and now I have to start making a project! I have selected a microcontroller from the atmel atmega series but since the pin configs. vary from each microcontroller, I am confused as to how to develop a minimum system. Also if I order a microcontroller from the Atmel site will they give me the microcontroller with the minimum system? I am going for the Atmel AtmegaX 64A1 uc......

the avr is a microcontroller, right? What I am trying to say is that don't we have something to connect first to the microcontroller before we can program it? Just as in the 8051 we have a DIP but u can't program with the DIP right away we need some sort of Trainer like the one right here: http://www.microdigitaled.com/8051/Hardware/testing_and_programming.htm

I believe I understand what you are requesting.

A specific minimal design or development board depends largely on the specific microcontroller you intend on utilizing.

Which specific AVR do you intend on utilizing as a development platform? I was unsure whether you were referring to an ATMEGA or ATXMEGA?

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.