Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimal channel length in 0.18 um technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

najmuus

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have dougt that if i use L=2um in case i am using 0.18um technology that is minimum available poly gate length. is there any thing i am losing.

NAJEEM.

Re: chaneel length

you can use 2µ as L. in analog we dont use minimum L. there must be a reason why you wanna use 2µ as L. and your reasons are...?

You can use L=2u , provided there are no restrictions from the foundary on Maximum Channel length and no change in device performance with this large L.

chaneel length

hello
if u use l=2micro no problem if u r technology is 0.18.becoz typically it should be 4-6 times greater.

AA

for analog , we tend to use non-minimal channel length , however , depending on the fab , it may characterize only for certain channel length i.e. from 0.18u to 0.5u , it is all depend on the charaterization proceedures for a certain fabs, there may be fabs that provide a full characterization to a large range of channel lengths, also , it may put limits to the size of your design

najmuus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

if ur doing RFIC design u should use the minimum length such in LNA use minimum length
but for ordinary analog , like BG , OPAMPS current mirror use multiples of minimum length

khouly

najmuus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back