Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MiniFM-Oldie Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatkoMM

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There is a nice schematic in Fig.5, but the loop is hand sensitive. To overcome this disadvantage and because i dislike tapped coils,
i've synthesized an aperiodic preamp like in Fig.6 and an colpitts-like common base oscillator with feedback from collector to emitter,
coupled them by small C and the remaining parts from Fig.5 to this schematic:

Attachments

• Mini-FM3.png
    Mini-FM3.png
    20 KB · Views: 100

I'm not sure what fig.5 and fig.6 refer to but the schematic shown is a super-regenerative receiver so it relies on the self quenching of the second transistor to give it sensitivity. If you apply a different oscillator to it you get something more akin to a zero IF receiver with a pulse counting detector which would be far less sensitive.

Brian.

This receiver can work in two mode.
As regenerative or super -regenerative what depends on base current biasing.
Most of zero IF receivers are synchro-dyne types and as such are not in co-relation with pulse-counting
detectors.Pulse counting receivers are not zeroIF types than use very low IF such as 70kHz, 120kHz .
and are sort of superhets radios.
One very good is a microFM2:

Attachments

• fm2sch2.png
    fm2sch2.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor