Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini Tools Made For Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

razeksk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey!

Check out these tools I made. I designed these circuit debugging tools because I have all these simple needs to switch, drive, amplify, buffer, toggle, and level translate electric signals, but I never had tools that were convenient enough to help me. So I made some! Check them out:

SimpleCircuits.jpg

Here's what I have so far:

• H-Bridge Driver
• Level Translator
• ~20A N-Channel FET
• ~17A P-Channel FET (with integrated N-Channel gate drive circuitry)
• Precision Instrumentation Amplifier with customizable precision gain and precision 2.5V virtual ground for positive and negative inputs
• Push button and toggle switch
• Push button with schmitt trigger output
• 40AMP 110/220VAC relay
• Triac with heatsink and integrated zero crossing opto-islated driver
• High Voltage bi-directional voltage detector
• Microcontroller programmer protector: 5V accidental over-voltage auto-clamp (3 Amp current shunt)

I'm thinking about offering these as kits for beginners and professionals to use for debugging. They can also be used as standalone minitools that can be used like LEGOs (tm) to build complete designs. What do you guys think?

I am open to making more if you guys think there is something missing from my list.

Thanks!

Re: Mini Tools For Electronics

great collection...good job

Hello Arunava7 -- Any recommendations for some tools that you would like but aren't mentioned? Perhaps you could explain the type of electronic projects you're interested in - such as, audio, home automation, gardening, fishing, etc. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Actually I'm open to everything...here we dont have a good designers and the reseachers have to do everybit with their own hands...sometimes it becomes hectic to design an inverter, rectifier or circuits like mosfet drivers or as simple as power supplies.

I come from a different age, a selection of capacitors with croclips, so bad decoupling caps could be bypassed. A 1 KHZ astable in a probe so a square wave can be injected into amplifiers and radio sets for signal injecting. An audio amp with a loudspeaker or a crystal ear piece for signal tracing. Also a small piece of double sided PCB with wires soldered to each face. This can be slipped in between batteries in a battery powered set to find the current, or to if the wires are twisted together to provide an earth for ones meter.
Frank

Thanks! Hoping to get good feedback along with backers so we can make the project successful and make it better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back