Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mincut violations in Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkrist

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I got some violations in Encounter after finished nanoroute. The violations in browser are the type of mincut. How can I resolve them? Please give me some help.

Hi Hkrist,
You need to take care DRC's during routing, but you cant make it zero.
So Use proper methodologies for routing, like spreading nets and avoiding routing congestion. spreading std cells etc
then tool will take care DRC's. Then in the end you can clean up DRC's manually based on violation.
You will have description of DRC based on that you can move Via or net to clean violation.

Thanks

Hi,

Min cut violation is a DFM requirement. It constrains physical designer to have a minimum density of vias. The reason for this requirement is that due to etching vias may get etched away.

FIX: replace the single cut via with multi cut vias. The issue will get resolved.

Thank you for your answers.

I found it is reported only in VIA4 by encounter, but when I run DRC in Calibre there are errors in other vias.(i.e. VIA1, VIA2, VIA3)

Finally I fixed the problem with shobhit's method by using Laker.

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed the problem in Laker, but I want to ask how to setup the via in encounter?

I checked my technology LEF, there are many minimumcut rules defined in layers.

But they do not work when I do the nanoroute in ecounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back