Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Min. gate length use in spice simulation for 0.18um TSMC MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogworld

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tsmc 0.2um process

Hi all,

I was wondering how do I determine the minimum gate length L for the transistor to use in Spice simulation (0.18um or 0.2um)?

I heard that since the lambda=0.1um for 0.18um, so we have to use 0.2um(2*lambda) as the minimum length. However, I also look at the MOSIS website, they said lambda=0.09 for the SCN6M_DEEP model. The site link is the following:

**broken link removed**

So, could anyone help me to clarify what is minimum gate length that I should/can use when simulating the transistors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0.18um spice parameters

Hi

Min gate lenght is nothing but in which Technology ur desiging

for ex: 0.18u ur min gate length is .18u

0.2u technolgy .ur Min gate lenght is .2u

Have a nice time

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi

Min gate lenght is nothing but in which Technology ur desiging

for ex: 0.18u ur min gate length is .18u

0.2u technolgy .ur Min gate lenght is .2u

Have a nice time

0.18um gate length

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But it seems the min. gate length that I can use in spice simulation is not only based on the technology process. I have been seen a lot peoples that using 0.2um as the min. length in 0.18um process. I just wondering why is this.

tsmc 0.18u spice.txt

Hi

Generally designers keep their channel length above thier minimum Gate length to avoid channel length modulation ,especially while designing current mirrors...e.t.c

Theoritically/practically u can take 0.18u(basend on ur technology) r whatever as gate length..u should be careful while dimensioning ur length of transistor..as per i said when ur designing Current mirrors...Differential pair..something like that ..

with regards

channel length modulation 0.18 um

If you are designing a standard cell in 0.18u process then ur min length is 0.18u. But as u r using MM process then i guess u r designing an analog or mixed signal block. in that case take the length of ur transistors atleast twice or thrice of ur min length(0.18um).

tsmc 0.18 um length

use minimum for digital
and 4X for current reference
and 2X~3X for analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back