Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Min and Max Gate Lenght and Width in 0.18um technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

bio_man

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guy's,

I want to know how can I find the Min/Max gate width/length for specific technology ( 0.18um for example). Are they deteremined in the tech. parameters sheet??,, because I am using TSMC0.18um in my design and I have very big transistors ( 40.5um/40.5um) is that acceptable for layout??

Thanks

you have to look for it in your DK manual. however, usually when you write values into the instance parameter that exceed the min-max range, they are automatcially clipped or a message is launched. 40 um doesn't seem a too large dimension, but i don't know.

you have to look for it in your DK manual. however, usually when you write values into the instance parameter that exceed the min-max range, they are automatcially clipped or a message is launched. 40 um doesn't seem a too large dimension, but i don't know.

thanks Braski for your reply .. but what do you mean by DK manual?

I think the better way to know the min/max values of W and L ...Put some extraordinarily low and high value to get the the range as said by Braski.

Further DK means Process Design Kit supplied to you by foundry else it is called GPDK if supplied by Cadence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back