Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MIMO - Can anyone plz help solve this problem for me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodboys

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Space-time block codes (STBC) versus V-BLAST:
The objective is to evaluate the effect of increasing average signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and channel correlation on the bit error rate (BER) of STBC and V-BLAST for a prescribed spectral efficiency. Consider two wireless systems: i) Alamouti STBC 2x2, and ii) V-BLAST 2x2. To maintain the same spectral efficiency of 2 bits/s/Hz, STBC transmits QPSK symbols and V-BLAST transmits BPSK symbols. The total transmit power must be the same for both systems. The channels are all Rayleigh flat fading with the same variance. The correlation between the channels are as follows:

where hij is the channel between the ith and jth antennas.
Write a MATLAB code that estimates the average (over the channels) BER for the two systems. In the case of V-BLAST, zero-forcing, MMSE and maximum likelihood detection schemes should be considered. Plot the obtained BERs versus the average SNR for the following scenarios:

Comment on the differences in performance between STBC and V-BLAST.

Re: MIMO - Can anyone plz help solve this problem for me....

Dear Friend,

You asked to do full project for you, which I think is a bit difficult for any one to do. Please if you could be specific in your question, then may be we can help you in MIMO communication.

Cheers,

MAK

Status
Not open for further replies.