Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Milli Volt Measurement with ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

doremifaso

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to design circuit.

I am going to design a circuit to measure voltage in milli volt (mV). For this, I decide to use ADC and maybe some amplifiers to amplify my voltage if needed. May I know which relevant ADC I should look for?
Usually, from provided ADC datasheet, what should I look for to furfill the mV measurement requirement?

Thanks!

use op-amp to amplify the voltage and find adc here

you can choose any according to your application requirement.

The ADC matters only for the resolution and conversion rate, it doesn't have to be able to measure mV because you will use an amplifier so the level presented to the ADV will be in the range of volt.

Usually a differential amplifier is used to amplify the voltage
DiffAmp.jpg

Alex

Using a separate amplifier is the most flexible way, and may be required for many reasons, e.g. circuit input impedance. There are however ADCs available, particularly low speed, high resolution ones, that have a programmable amplifier (PGA) on chip.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think you need **broken link removed**, and for adc , ADC 10 bit is adequate, better if you chose microcontroller that has interal adc such of ATMega family

Hi,
I would like to share that best results I had with AMP04 . You might check this one

Status
Not open for further replies.