Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MIG1248 Modular Impulse Generator... pls advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

student2005

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modular impulse generator

We have a Modular Impulse Generator (MIG1248) from EMC-Partner ( **broken link removed** ). In the front panel of the equipment, there are 3 outputs, i.e. voltage (max 12V), current (max 12V), and trigger. MIG1248 will generate an impulse, e.g. 4kV, across a DUT (device under test, e.g. surge protection device (SPD)). The voltage impulse is signal-conditioned to 0~12V, and can be measured at voltage output terminal at front panel as mentioned above. I tried to capture the impulse voltage using Tektronix TDS3014 scope. I used Single Seq method to capture. I tried many times and one time was successful. I don't why...

Then, I noted there was a trigger output of the front panel. Do you think I should connect the trigger output to the EXT Trigger on the TDS3014? Pls advise. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back