Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mid size graphics LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelmercier

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to interface a graphic LCD to a PIC, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable LCD. I can either get 75-100 mm ones, or 25mm ones from Nokia phones. I need something [size edited] up to 55mm square (to fit in a DIN72 case).

Any suggestions; preferably with a serial controller and known to interface to a PIC OK?

Last edited:

I want to interface a graphic LCD to a PIC, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable LCD. I can either get 75-100 mm ones, or 25mm ones from Nokia phones. I need something about 50-70mm (to fit in a DIN72 case).

Some models from Winstar are fulfilling your specs.

**broken link removed**

Hi,

There are a lot of glcds that meet your size requirement.

I use a couple of 128x64 glcds from here in the UK, just measuring one in front of me now total pcb size exactly 50x70mm

RS stock a good selection, or the EADOG ones are quiet good though the only uk supplier is in Leeds.
Contact Marc for prices https://www.mmselectronics.co.uk/lcddog.htm

Can give you a link for assembler programing of them, plenty of C around on the web I believe.

@wp100, Yes, EADOG are cool! very thin. And good selection. I've bought a few of them from mouser in the past (the
alphanumeric versions, not graphic), not got round to trying them yet.

@wp100, Yes, EADOG are cool! very thin. And good selection. I've bought a few of them from mouser in the past (the
alphanumeric versions, not graphic), not got round to trying them yet.

Hi,

Those Eadogs are good, having 0.1" pin conectors and separate backlight options.

Well worth having a go with the graphic ones, you can use them as a simple 16x8, or larger, text format, display bitmap images or full graphics, though full graphics much easier with C / C++ , here done using some Arudiuno sample code.

Attachments

• 2008-07-12 003.jpg
    2008-07-12 003.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 45
  • 2011-03-07 007.jpg
    2011-03-07 007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 44

Hello!

The LCD I use most of the time for low power devices is this one:
**broken link removed**

Among its advantages:
- Great resolution for its size (160 x 128)
- 16 gray levels (most of other graphic displays are b/w)
- Extremely thin (around 1.8mm)
- Writable using SPI
- Low power consumption (less than 1mA active)
- Works in 3.3V. (from 2.8 to 3.6 if I remember correctly)
- Sold with sample source code.

Disadvantages:
- No backlight (well, that's an advantage for low power designs).

As an application example, here is what you can expect. Note that
using gray levels allows the grid line to look thinner than the curve.
The LCD is 48 mm wide, which should nicely fit in your enclosure.

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.