Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave oven touch pad voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the data sheet of its integrated circuits. It should be mostly a microcontroller ruling it instead of logic gates. 5V is typical.

Look at the data sheet of its integrated circuits. It should be mostly a microcontroller ruling it instead of logic gates. 5V is typical.

I wasn't sure if the answer was going to be 3.3V is typical.

I hit upon and idea. It would not be too difficult to tap into the lines coming out of the touch pad and connect these to an arduino with a HC-05 BT modem. Then have another arduino with a BT modem and a large custom key pad with the most used keys on the microwave.

I.E. Make the microwave friendly to vision impaired elderly folks - a rapidly growing demographic. None of the major manufacturers bother with this so I sense an opportunity with refurbished microwave ovens.

Measure the voltages. Better explore voice command. Multilingual...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back