Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave Office specified tones must be contiguous starting from one error

Status
Not open for further replies.

biker.josh07

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to simulate a Gilbert Cell frequency multiplier in AWR Microwave office. I'm having issues getting the simulation to run as I am getting the following error:

"specified tones must be contiguous starting from one"

I have made sure that ID names for my AC sources start from 1 but that didn't fix the issue.
I'm not sure how to attach the *.emp file as it says that it's not a valid extension so here's an image.

Gilbert Cell.png

If you can,please let me know what I need to do to fix the problem.

Thanks

JB

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I'm working my way through the Gilbert Cell example in Microwave Office. It's providing all the help I need.

ACVS2 is a 2nd tone source.
You have to place first a main ACVS source with ID1 (which will use the main tone frequency from the Project definitions), and after that place the ACVS2 sources with contiguous IDs.
I think that also the DC sources should follow the same contiguous IDs, otherwise will give an error.

Thanks Vfone

I've redone the schematic, pretty much just copied the Microwave Office example. Using ports now instead of AC sources. Do you think that you would be able to tell me how to get the waveform to look more like this

Ideal Waveforms.png

Rather than like these waveforms. The pink waveform is a differential voltage measurement across the two differential pairs and the blue waveform is being measured at port 2 on the right side of the schematic.

Waveforms.png

Here's my schematic

Gilbert Cell.png

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back