Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara88

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

At the above attached image is my (layout design) of A single band dipole koch curve antenna operating in 850-900MHz..

I have two problems:

1) Do you think that i need a ground plane?

- I read some articles and said that (A ground plane is etched on the opposing side
of the dielectric layer from the radiating element)

-But other article, said ( no need for a ground plane because its a dipole different from monobole, but with two pieces of conductor)

2) I tried to draw the design in AWR microvave, but i'm struggling with the simulation and the return loss (S11) which i have to get at least -6dB.

#3) What do you think best suitable way to design "a single band dipole koch curve antenna with at least -6dB operating 850-900MHz

hi
i am sorry but i think i should say some thing about the basic of antenna for all because many time i saw this question
"Do you think that i need a ground plane?"
every one know that the magnetic charge has dipole structure so every antenna imitated this and ground is the part of antenna which u connected it the negative polarity of source
so when u applied dipole structure how u can have another ground

1-when u applied a "one side dipole "structure you dont need another ground plane
2- awr result for antenna is not reliable so i suggested you to use HFSS
but u used a simple kind of antenna for this antenna u need folded kind so and u can find some model in here
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/217004/

any one know how i can design dipole anttena with metamaterial ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!from where should i start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…