Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microwave filters - waveguide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazi3

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I would like to know how to design and then build filters in waveguide ; only digital and interdigital version, with open end (if there is lambda/4 to the end...).
I have some experience in building such filters, but none in the design.
Is there eny useful software, or exists theory with "cookbook"?

Regards!

For software: you may synthesys with eseptum or cocafil and simulate with microwave wizard

:!: :idea: :?:

Mazi3 said:
Hi!

I would like to know how to design and then build filters in waveguide ; only digital and interdigital version, with open end (if there is lambda/4 to the end...).
I have some experience in building such filters, but none in the design.
Is there eny useful software, or exists theory with "cookbook"?

Regards!

tnx, I'll se If demo will help me :) but they cost a whole bunch :)

I would like to design filter for 1.42G, 2.2GHz, 8-9 GHz

I think you use the word "waveguide" incorrectly. In general it means you use a (square or round cross section) tube as a transmission line.

tnx, yes, i mean waveguide as a line, whre the fingers (resonators) are installed.

I've downloaded the demo software, but it's unusable. Demo has limits in frequency (>20GHz) which is not suitable for me. If there would be no "recipes" i'll try to do it in cut&try method :)

Maybe I'll get some recipes about doing that :)

Is there anybody who would help cutting the pipes? :) or have some ideas how to do it first time :)

filter

I have few programs for calculation interdigital and waveguide filters.
This can help I think. On basis of this software I have build filters successfuly.
LP Borber

Hi!

Are those programs support filters with open ends? they are much simpler to build than those which are closed.
I would like to build filter from square aluminium pipes (standard sizes). does they support to enter physical dimensions and then it calculate the response?

Regards!

Included are programs for interdigital filter + GW Basic, waveguide filter and Excell file. Digifilt2.bas calculates open end filter build with square tube. It is written in GW Basic.

LP Borber

scale the dimensions

One trick to avoid the frequency limit problem is to scale all dimensions inversely by the same factor as the frequency. This will get you close enough to use an analysis program to check and fine tune the scaled design.

Status
Not open for further replies.