Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave Capacitor and Diode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badley

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any of yall help me? The microwave in my RV quit working. I pulled it out and took the cover off to see if there were any obvious burnt wires. I found 2. Both going to the capacitor. One was a regular old wire the other was some kind of Diode I guess. The Diode was a bare copper wire that went to the frame of the microwave, the copper wire broke were it entered the diode. The other wire just burnt in half.

I was wondering if this was a sign of a bad capacitor? Or if it was a sign of the diode wire breaking causing the other wire to burn up.

If the capacitor, which is a .82uf 2100 VAC, is bad can I put in a different size one and still be ok? I was wanting to get this thing going by the weekend. I have another microwave that has a .98uf 2100 VAC capacitor that I think I could swap out.

Any help will be appreciated. Badley

Maybe high voltage capacitor was shorted. Try replacing the capacitor and the high voltage diode.

Attachments

• microwave schematics.GIF
    microwave schematics.GIF
    43.6 KB · Views: 61

Will replacing the .82uf 2100VAC with a .95uf 2100VAC be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.