Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microvolts to frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navaneeth.A.Gowda

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are doing project on EEG signals using OpenBCI device, output of signals are in microvolts how can we convert them to Frequency ?

Hi,

Python as language?
Amplifier and VFC / VCO all are hardware, no need for software.

Klaus

Some questions -

1) What is the range of signal, min to max, of signal you want to convert to frequency ?

2) For the range in 1) above what is range of frequencies you want ?

3) What is resolution of signal you want, both in 1) and 2) ?

4) Do you want a sine, square, encoded frequency signal out of solution ?

5) Do you need to filter signal path ? LPF, BPF, HPF, Band Reject (to get rid of power line freq 50/60 Hz)....?

Regards, Dana.

So you don't want to convert them to frequency, you want to measure their frequency?

Brian.
Yes, i have values from -15000 micro volts to 15000 micro volts EEG data. i want these values in frequencies ranging from 0 to 100 hz. What are the steps i need to follow? Could you help me, in what order to follow the steps

Some questions -

1) What is the range of signal, min to max, of signal you want to convert to frequency ?

2) For the range in 1) above what is range of frequencies you want ?

3) What is resolution of signal you want, both in 1) and 2) ?

4) Do you want a sine, square, encoded frequency signal out of solution ?

5) Do you need to filter signal path ? LPF, BPF, HPF, Band Reject (to get rid of power line freq 50/60 Hz)....?

Regards, Dana.
I have values from -15000 micro volts to 15000 micro volts EEG data. I want these values in frequencies ranging from 0 to 100 hz bcz brain signals are measured in terms of Hertz, What are the steps i need to follow? Could you help me, in what order to follow the steps

The required procedure is calculating the power spectrum, respectively magnitude of fourier transform. As far as I see, it's already included in OpenBCI software tools. Did you read the manual?

See FFT Plot below:

1624088922975.png

The required procedure is calculating the power spectrum, respectively magnitude of fourier transform. As far as I see, it's already included in OpenBCI software tools. Did you read the manual?

See FFT Plot below:

View attachment 170274
The data I have is completely raw, this raw file contains only values in microvolts

Status
Not open for further replies.