Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip transmission line awr

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3play

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to simulate in awr a microstrip transmission line with five signal conductors as shown on photo.
img1.JPG
If i use mrfsub for substrates, how to make five signal conductor. i have only fm2clin for two conductors.

:)

Attachments

• img1.JPG
    img1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 80

My interpretation of your drawing is that the bottom 124µm layer is the ground plane, so we have standard microstrip (MSUB element).

To simulate the 5 parallel conductors, I would draw them idependently with standard MLIN elements and simulate using EM extraction, so that coupling is included in simulation results.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also use the M5CLIN coupled line model
https://awrcorp.com/download/faq/english/docs/Elements/MXCLIN.htm

But with MSUB element we only make one dielectric, but on photo there are two.

But with MSUB element we only make one dielectric, but on photo there are two.

You are right, I missed that. But as you said, there is no 5-coupled-lines element for use with the mrfsub. So the best (most accurate) way is to use EM simulation instead of the circuit model, and include the dielectric coating there.

Reactions: r3play

r3play

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back